Wednesday, June 10, 2009

time passes by

so quickly. i turn 21 in less than 2 weeks, and now more than ever i'm thinking about my life. what i've been through, where i'm at now, what lies ahead. i'm in awe of how fast the last few years have sped by. so much has been ignored or put off for another day, another week, another month. life is a constant stream of change, and suddenly those things you meant to do are no longer. this birthday is a check point. a healthy dose of reality that life is brief and each moment is fleeting. time to live. a lot.


here are two more photos at the top of my favorites:


this is by erin jane nelson. erin is amazing. this photo? i could stare at it all day. truthfully. erin is such a talent, i am so happy i found her stream and i can't wait to see what she continues to produce. also, she's really nice. so that's puts her high on my list.

luo yang is a female photographer from china whose photographs are mostly of female subjects. this photo of hers really stuck with me. it's such a poetic image of the two girls. everything about it says so much--things that could never be said in words.

and i'll leave you with this quote:
“A broom not only clears a surface, but sweeps the dust back into the wind to be carried to another surface, landing with a crackle of static communication. Maybe it says "hello" ...or maybe it says "I‘ve been here. I wonder how long before I am gone".


beautiful.

1 comment:

erin jane nelson said...

I wanted to e-mail you but I couldn't find your e-mail anywhere. I barely get to check the internet here and never for very long, but I wanted to make sure to say thanks sooo much for saying such nice things about me for the whole world to see. The interest in work is mutual, we'll be in touch in the future.PS I read you were interested in New Mexico? My grandparents live there and you could maybe stay with them or something. drop me a line erinjanenelson@gmail.com.


a;ldkfj back to my cabin ;)